Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11gR1,:Business Service Management Book
What do you think about Grid control ?
How do grid control useful for your organization business sector?. Answer.Yes I hope this is the right book for yours guidance.
Recently I have received this book comes from packt publications for book review.
You must know about Enterprise manager basic knowledge about installation before you read this book because this book not guide you step by step Enterprise manager installation. This book main focus is How do we manage a organization business service management in Enterprise manager and How easy for.
And also you need IE or Mozilla browser and SLM License Enabled.
What is Oracle Enterprise manager grid control in Business Service management?
Oracle Enterprise Manager that’s used to model and manage the entire Oracle Grid and beyond. It has capabilities to manage a number of databases and application servers, and can manage multiple instances of Oracle deployment platforms.
Business Service Management (BSM) is a methodology for monitoring and measuring Information Technology (IT) services from a business perspective. The Business Service Management capabilities of Oracle Enterprise Manager are available only in the Grid Control flavor.
If you want to read sample chapters about this book. you can from here.
This book has contains including 10 chapters.
What you will learn from this book :
- Discover Modeling as a panacea for managing complexity in today’s data centers
- Gain an insight into various monitoring techniques like active and passive monitoring
- Get to grips with salient management features of Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g that every system administrator must know
- Manage the IT Infrastructure passively through Systems and Groups Targets-based modeling
- Understand Active monitoring techniques and execute synthetic transactions using Beacons and Service Tests
- Model business services using different types of Service Targets
- Define the availability of your business services and infrastructure
- Perform a measurement of your business services using KPIs
- Deliver real-time monitoring using dashboards, reports, and widgets
- Define, monitor, and manage Service-Level Agreements
- Model complex business services using Aggregate Service Targets
- Use out-of-the-box system-service models for Oracle products
- Understand best practices for modeling and monitoring services in your data centers