I am trying to clone one of our production machines after I upgraded the database to 184.108.40.206. This clone machine prepared by Veeam Backup. I think the below solution is applicable for VM clone also. Here While I am doing adcfgclone.pl steps, I am getting below issue
done: Port Pool 65 is free
Report file located at /appsutil/out/portpool.lst
RC-00203: Unable to create/write to file /appsutil/out/portpool.lst.
Complete port information available at /appsutil/out/portpool.lst
RC-50004: Error occurred in CloneContext:
AC-00005: No write permissions for creating the Context file – /appsutil/temp.xml
Raised by oracle.apps.ad.context.AppsContext
Check Clone Context logfile /u01/app/oracle/db/tech_st/12c/appsutil/clone/bin/CloneContext_0220023028.log for details.
ERROR: Context creation not completed successfully.
For additional details review the file /tmp/adcfgclone_23246.err if present.
What I did
- I run adpreclone.pl on both application & database tier
- System Team Clone the machine using Veeam Backup
- Then I restored the database using backup copy, then I rename the database.
- Now I ran adcfgclone.pl steps, I am getting above issue.
On Database Tier node,
1. Set the ORACLE_HOME Path environment on database tier, Database SID should be a new SID (renamed one)
2. Change hostname & IP address on new server
3. Set TNS_ADMIN Path –>
(copy the Production TNS _ADMIN path, to New path & modify the tnsnames.ora & listener.ora with new SID & hostname)
4. Start the listener
5. Once listener started, create a context file using by
6. run auto config
7. Database configuration part finished
8. Go to application tier,
perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier